“Because the stress response disrupts general information processing, survivors of trauma live in a somatic world rather than a world of language.”
Psychoeducational Aids for Treating Psychological Trauma
This psychoeducational flip chart consists of 22 diagrams with text summarizing the most current research and theoretical concepts in trauma treatment in a simple graphic format understandable for most clients. The use of these simple diagrams increases the ability of the client to understand the nature of the symptoms and engage more easily in the treatment. Clients feel a sense of relief as their puzzling and disturbing reactions begin to make sense, and therapists find the flip chart a support for not only the treatment but also the relationship. Topics covered: common symptoms and difficulties related to experiences of trauma, effects on the nervous system and brain, traumatic attachment, addictions and trauma, dissociative phenomena, and stages of treatment.
Sample flip chart pages: Click on any image below for a larger view.
Available in two convenient sizes: 10x13 and 17x22 inches.
Small Flip Chart 10x13 ($45 plus $12 shipping and handling in US)
Large Flip Chart 17x22 ($85 plus $15 shipping and handling in US)
Small Flip Chart 10x13 ($45 plus $14 shipping and handling to CAN)
Large Flip Chart 17x22 ($85 plus $18 shipping and handling to CAN)
Flip Chart Instructional Webinar
One year access to instructional webinar on use of flip chart ($15)
The flip chart is also available in the small size in Spanish, French, German, and Dutch. Please contact Dr. Fisher for more information.
Books and Upcoming Publications
- Pat Ogden & Janina Fisher (2015). Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Interventions for Trauma and Attachment. New York: W. W. Norton
- Janina Fisher (in press-expected early 2016). Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation. New York: Routledge
Published and Unpublished Articles
- “Putting the Pieces Together: 25 Years of Learning Trauma Treatment” | Download PDF
Published in Psychotherapy Networker, May/June 2014.
- “The Treatment of Structural Dissociation in Chronically Traumatized Patients” | Download PDF
Published in In Anstorp & Benum (2014). Trauma treatment in practice: complex trauma and dissociation. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget.
- “Sensorimotor Approaches to Trauma Treatment” | Download PDF
Published in Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, July 2011.
- “Attachment as a Sensorimotor Experience” | Download PDF
Published in Attachement: New Directions in Psychotherapy and Relational Psychoanalysis, July, 2011.
- “Retraining the Brain: Harnessing Our Neuralplasticity” | Download PDF
Published in the Psychotherapy Networker, March, 2011.
- “Brain to Brain: The Therapist as Neurobiological Regulator” | Download PDF
Published in the Psychotherapy Networker, January, 2010.
- “Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma” (unpublished paper) | Download PDF
- “Addictions and Trauma Recovery” (unpublished paper) | Download PDF
- “Stabilization in the Treatment of Trauma” (unpublished paper) | Download PDF
- “Self-harm and Suicidality” (unpublished paper) | Download PDF
- “Dissociative Phenomena in the Everyday Lives of Trauma Survivors” | Download PDF
- “Adapting EMDR Techniques in the Treatment of Dissociative or Dysregulated Clients” (unpublished paper) | Download PDF
- “Modified EMDR Resource Development Protocol” (unpublished paper) | Download PDF
To view PDFs, you must have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Acrobat Reader is a free product distributed by Adobe.